Cory Reed leads Ciena’s digital marketing group where he has shaped the company’s online ecosystem for the last seven years. From his start designing Geocities pages from his college dorm room, Cory has spent his entire adult life online. He’s taken his experience in the IT, high-tech and media industries to execute global digital marketing strategies across online, search, social, e-mail and mobile channels.
Director of Digital Marketing
As the Director of Digital Marketing, I own Ciena’s global online ecosystem and lead our Web Marketing team. Responsible for developing and executing digital marketing strategies globally and supporting brand initiatives through online, email and mobile channels.
Sr. Manager of Web Marketing Strategy
Responsible for the development and execution of digital marketing strategy, including search marketing (SEO/SEM), content marketing and web analytics.
Manager of Web Marketing
As Manager of Web Marketing at Ciena, I direct all online lead generation efforts, including paid and organic search marketing (SEO/SEM), social media, web community, and on-site promotion; manage the corporate web analytics and reporting program; oversee marketing CRM, including SalesForce.com administration and lead mobile web marketing efforts. Responsible for setting corporate online marketing strategy for fixed and mobile websites, content, search, email, and social media marketing. Provide direction and leadership for strategic online initiatives and ongoing execution of web marketing operations.
Interactive Audience Analyst
Responsible for understanding the online audiences and competitive environment of Belo’s Web properties.
• Developed an analytics consulting program to help local operating companies uncover opportunities for making their Web site a more compelling online destination for news, information, and entertainment.
• Implementated a new Web analytics system (Omniture SiteCatalyst) on 19 Belo web sites
• Developed report cards of site traffic, market share, audience value and loyalty, and promotional effectiveness
• Supervised audience research coordinator in monthly reporting process and custom research projects
• Developed prediction models for Web site audience growth
• Managed relationship with comScore Media Metrix, Forrester Research, Jupiter Research, and other vendors for syndicated and customized research
Performed a wide variety of progressively responsible positions to support EDS’ purchasing operations. Central tasks included data analysis, project management, Web site management, and technical consulting.